Red & White Pinwheels Quilt

     My primary sewing machine broke down last month. 😭  It's a Kenmore that my husband bought for me almost 15 years ago.  It has been an awesome workhorse.  But now, the thread is catching and tangling on the bobbin casing and though I've searched for a cause, I can't find the reason for it.  I do my own basic maintenance on my machines and can usually figure out the problem.  But this time it eludes me.  I guess I'll have to take it to the doctor.  😟

     In the interim, I spent some time cleaning up my sewing space.  I sorted through unfinished projects and reevaluated whether or not I really wanted to spend my time on them.  I also sorted through a cabinet of unfinished quilt tops.  They are piling up and it's time to focus on finishing some of them.  This is the first of many:







     From a distance, I find the back of this quilt rather uninspiring.  But up close, the fabrics are vibrant and happy.  I especially like those polka dots.



Curious Critters



     I love all the colors of the rainbow and I intend to make a scrap quilt for each one.  I've already made a blue one, and now a red.  I don't have a timeline for this project, nor any hard and fast rules.  I just figure that the primary color of the quilt will be one color and I may include a neutral.  And I'm not necessarily going in Roy G. Biv order.  The next one I make will depend on which scrap basket is the fullest.

     That's all for now.  Hope you have a great week!

The Wrap Up
Name:  Red & White Pinwheels
Size:  48 1/4 " x 59"
Top:  640 pieces
Batting:  mid-loft poly
Finished:  January 2020


Comments

Popular Posts