Faux Cathedral Windows Quilts

     Outgrown blue jeans are always in abundance at our house.  I usually make rag quilts with them, but after making dozens, the process has gotten rather boring.  I decided to try something new.  This is the Faux Cathedral Windows quilt pattern.





     It's not a new pattern.  It's been around for a while.  But, it was new to me.  I think it turned out well, but I didn't enjoy the process here, either.  I used straight pins to hold everything in place while sewing and stabbed myself continuously.  Ouch!  It was a couple of years before I wanted to try it again, but this time, I used washable glue stick.

     The second quilt begun with a waffle-weave pullover shirt that I had saved specifically for quilting.  I pulled fabrics from the stash to match the colors and here it is:









     When I was making the second quilt, I was thinking it was going to be much larger than the first.  But when I looked up the photos, it was exactly the same size.  I also have a lot of khakis that need recycling.  I'm thinking about trying this pattern with those, as well.


The Wrap Up
Name:  Faux Cathedral Windows #1 and #2
Size:  36" x 40 1/2"
Pieces: 144
Batting:  none
Back:  recycled denim
Finished:  March 2018 and February 2020


Comments

Popular Posts