American Girl Doll Clothes

     When our kids were little, our eldest daughter was invited to go to Chicago with her best friend from elementary school.  They went to the American Girl Store, saw a show, and she came home with a set just like this:

American Girl Doll of the Year 2007, Nicki, and her horse, Jackson
 
     The other mom bought her that set!  I was totally shocked by her generosity, and so grateful to her for making our girl feel grand!    

     After their visit to the store, we started getting the American Girl Catalog in the mail.  And as we sat down and looked over the pages of adorable sets you could get for your doll, I was inspired to add to my girl's collection.  Unfortunately, we couldn't afford to buy anything from the catalog, but I started making a few things that her doll didn't have, like a winter coat & boots and a sleeping bag.  Later on, when we found a bed for her doll, I made PJs with a matching quilt.  Then I made some for my girl to give to her friends.  Then I made more and started selling them online.  Here were just a few of my favorites:    








     We went to a lot of yard sales back then and happened upon some beds that were just the right size for the dolls.  We picked up this triple-decker and I made mattresses, pillows & quilts for it.  


     It seemed like the doll phase would go on forever, but then one day I was cleaning out my sewing room and found a shoe box filled with clothing pieces that I'd cut out but hadn't sewn together yet.  I realized that it had been years since I last sewed any doll clothes. 😟  As much as I enjoyed it, I don't know that I'll ever get back to it.  Our everyday activities gradually change just as our kids grow and change.  But it was fun while it lasted.  😊


Comments

Popular Posts