Quiet Book

     I don't even know how I discovered them, but when I did, I knew I had to make one!  The idea of a quiet book is that it gives a toddler something to look at and to fidget with at a time and place where they need to be quiet; like during a meeting for worship.  This is one that I made for a dear friend and her 2-year-old son.  

Front Page

Pages 1 & 2:  I made a red mitten for her son to put his hand into.
I also made orange shapes for him to match up and snap into place.

Pages 3 & 4:  Yellow buttons & strings to fiddle with.
Green leaves with a surprise hiding behind them.


Pages 5 & 6:  Blue space ship, flying saucer, & planets to fiddle with.
My favorite was the Purple People Eater!

Made with tiny purple people for it to eat. 
I didn't know if the old song refers to the People Eater being purple,
or that it only ate purple people.  

The whole book was made from an upcycled pair of khakis and I used one of the back pockets
for the back cover.  I bought a brand new wallet to put into the pocket and filled it with
scripture cards for her son to memorize.

I made the cards from cereal boxes and scrapbook paper.
And before I gave it to them, I found the perfect little magnifying glass
(made of plastic) to fit into the wallet.  


     I LOVE Quiet Books!  They're cute, creative, and each one is unique. 


The Wrap Up

Name:  Weston's Quiet Book

Materials:  Upcycled pair of khakis & quilting fabric

Finished:  March 2013



   

Comments

Popular Posts