Ocean Pearl Cross-Stitch






  

     This project sat unfinished for almost 20 years.  It got put aside when we had little ones running through the house.  I wrapped it in a clear plastic bag, frame and all, and put it under the bed, in a closet, on top of the highboy, behind a door, anywhere it wouldn't be in the way.  But it always was in the way.  Whenever we cleaned and reorganized, I'd have to figure out where to put it.

     A couple of times, I almost tossed it in the donation bag.  But something held me back -- probably the fact that it was three-quarters of the way completed.  I wanted to finish it, but it was never a priority.  Plus, I remembered there was a mistake in there somewhere that needed correction and I just didn't want to tackle it.  I'm glad I kept it, because it turns out there was no mistake.

     The aida cloth is 14 count and was cut 20" x 25"; the design is 12" x 15 1/2".  It came from a free pattern I picked up at a craft and hobby store a long time ago.  

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

     I finally tried my hand at embroidery:

     There was no pattern for this, other than I looked at some clip-art online to get ideas and then doodled some flowers on the fabric with a pencil.  I used some yarn-like thread the kids had been playing with.  Next time, I'll use actual embroidery thread.

     My dream is to create a multi-media embroidery project, something. . . epic.  My dreams, however, are often bigger than my abilities. 

Comments

Popular Posts