Honeycomb Cross-Stitch

     I used to love cross-stitching and couldn't even tell you how many projects I've done.  If there was a special occasion ahead, I would sit down and stitch something up.  I've made pictures, large and small, tons of personalized bookmarks, cards, and even pillows.  But that was all B.C. (Before Children).  It's been a long time since I've done any real stitching.  

     Recently, I pulled out a box of stitching supplies that had been tucked away and found a few forgotten projects.  I had several starts, but only a couple with significant progress.  This was one I decided to finish:




     The fabric was cut 16 1/2" x 18 1/2" and the design itself was 8 1/2" x 9".  I like the colors in it and enjoyed every stitch to the finish.  I'd forgotten how relaxing it is to simply sit and stitch.

     The pattern came from this book:


     Next up, another cross-stitch finish and my first attempt at embroidery.  😃    

Comments

Popular Posts