Butterfly Applique Quilt


     This quilt was made several years ago when I decommissioned a bed sheet.  I liked the butterfly print so much that I saved the top sheet to use as the backing for a quilt.  The right quilt top never seemed to come along, however, so I designed one for it.

 

I used the print on the sheet as a template and duplicated the shape of the butterfly.  It was done in layered, raw edge applique.  I wonder how it's held up over the years.  Did those edges get really raggy and fuzzy?

     The quilting was done by echoing the butterfly, starting in the center and working outwards.  The antennae were hand stitched.  







The Wrap Up

Name:  Butterfly Applique
Size:  approx.  45" x 62"
Top pieces:  67
Batting:  100% Cotton
Finished:  February 2012



Comments

Popular Posts