Americana Style Quilt






     This was one of the first throw size quilts I made.  I'm a little embarrassed by the wonky quilting, but it still turned out to be a nice blanket.  

     I remember that I had an overabundance of strangely hued tan fabric.  It had a pinkish hue and I didn't care for it.  I wanted to use it up and get it out of my stash and the only colors that didn't make it look strange were red and blue.

     It was around the time I finished this quilt that I encountered a quilting blog detailing how a family was having trouble with the medical bills for an elderly relative.  They were going to host an auction to help raise money.  Their situation touched my heart and I wanted to help, so I sent in the quilt for the auction.  I don't know how much it went for, but when I checked the blog later, it was nice to read that "there was some fighting over this one."  I hope that the quilt has held up well over the years and the recipients have enjoyed it.


The Wrap Up
Name:  Americana Style Quilt
Size:  54" x 66"
Top pieces:  510
Batting:  mid-loft poly
Finished:  2012


Comments

Popular Posts