When Life Gives You. . . a Cold


     Not much you can do when you catch a cold. 😟  They're never fun, but if it's a mild cold, you can keep yourself from going out (because it's not nice to spread germs) and spend that time getting things caught up at home.

     Unfortunately, I didn't get much done at all this weekend and now it's beginning to show.  The laundry situation is getting serious and Hubs will soon be asking "Do I have any underwear?"  We haven't had an actual meal since Friday and the kitchen looks like a bomb went off in there.  The leftovers are getting sparse and the family will soon be complaining about the lack of routine.  For now, they are content "getting away with" things they wouldn't normally do when I'm on patrol.

     On the upside, it was a beautiful day yesterday and I got to spend some time on the porch with Hubs reading and watching the kids trash play in the yard.  I really wish I could have spent the day working outside.  There's so much to do to get ready for winter.  I spent most of last week cleaning out and reorganizing the shed.  Our shed is an old semi box and it hadn't been cleaned out for a long time.  Everyone just kept throwing stuff in there and it got to the point where we couldn't fit the bikes or even the mower inside.  That kind of disorganization drives me crazy.  Last week, I took everything out of there and sorted out what we didn't need or use.  It took me four days, but now it's so nice in there that my daughter wants to convert part of it into a bedroom.  Not gonna' happen, but it was a nice compliment.

     I was hoping to get all the discarded items cleared out of the yard this weekend, but the cooler air made me feel worse.  So, I stayed indoors, watched some movies, and worked on a quilt top.


     It started with a block that had been hanging on the design wall for a few months.  I was going to make a whole quilt of these flower blocks, but after making only two, I didn't care for the colors I'd chosen.  I took the best of the two and decided to make it a centerpiece and surrounded it with simple HSTs (half square triangles) radiating out from the center.

     I was going to make it all shades of purple, but as I completed one corner, it seemed rather bleh.  So, I asked my daughter who suffers from Middle Child Syndrome what color she would choose and she said pink.  I auditioned some pink fabrics, but didn't have enough variety with the right tones.  Then, I asked my eldest daughter who "gets everything she wants and has a great life" what color she would choose and she said green.  Again, I didn't have enough green in the right tones, but by combining the two colors I ended up with enough variety and all the colors play well together.  Why can't children get along that well?

     I'm not sure if I'm done with this quilt top yet.  I may add a border.  Or not.  But, that's all for now.

Comments

Popular Posts