Let the Sewing Begin!

    
     I have some really awesome people in my life, but none of them sew.  They could if they wanted to, they just aren't interested in sewing for fun.  Very few of them have any crafty hobbies that I know of.  They do other things like fly airplanes, go horseback riding, boating, travel, watch TV and movies, excel in conversation, or just work all the time.  While I enjoy most of those things (except the last one), I cannot imagine a life without some sort of creative hobby.

     If I had the time I would try so many things.  I would like to build with wood and nails.  I want to paint houses and pictures and murals.  I would like to try my hand at pottery, mosaics, oil painting, watercolor, photography, jewelry making, carving, working with wool and other fibers, dying fabrics and yarns, experimenting with natural dyes, weaving, furniture making, forging glass, making paper, whatever there is, I want to learn it and do it!  But, obviously, there's just not enough time.  

     Our family runs a seasonal business and we work all summer long.  I haven't sewn anything in months.  I started this blog a few months ago and I've been taking photos of quilts and writing about them.  That's something I can do a few minutes here and a few minutes there and it's helped fulfill some of my creative impulses.  But, as autumn arrives, I am eager to get back into my sewing space and actually make something with my hands.


     My first task was to clean up my sewing space, which I did a few days ago.  Everything has been dusted and vacuumed and I sorted through all the half-done projects from the last sewing season.  I tend to hang a lot of stuff on the wall when I'm working.  I get ideas, jot them down and pin them up so I won't forget them.  But most of them will be tossed in favor of something else.  My design wall now only holds projects that I plan on finishing.  I'm ready.  Let the sewing begin!


Comments

Popular Posts