End of Summer Musings


     I have so many ideas in my head and I know that I'll never be able to get to them all.  That kinda' makes me sad.  How wonderful would it be to sew and quilt all day long?!  But even then, I don't think I could bring all of those ideas to life.


     One of my quasi goals is to work through my Pinterest quilting board.  I say "quasi" because it's something I would love to do, but even if I started, I would never be able to finish.  It's just too ambitious.  Over the years, I have saved almost a thousand pins on quilting and I continue to add to it.  I used to think that people who had that many pins must not do anything all day.  I see now that it took a long time to collect all those pins.


     At least 800 of those pins could be used to make quilts.  If I were able to make a quilt a week (which is currently impossible and highly improbable that I could ever be that focused), it would take more than 15 years.  That endeavor would not include my own ideas for quilts, which are already plentiful.



     The summer greens are turning into browns and some of the small trees are already dropping their leaves.  I walked around the yard this afternoon and took some photos of what's left of summer.  There is plenty of evidence that the season is changing.  While I'm sad to see summer go, I look forward to settling down at my sewing machine and bringing some new projects to life.

Working out a color scheme.  Quilt block design is X Marks the Spot by SewCraftyJess.


Comments

Popular Posts