Blues and Greens




     I don't know how, but I seem to have an endless supply of blue scraps.  I've made entire scrap quilts from the blue and it doesn't even put a dent in the bin.  It's like they multiply at night when I'm not looking.  

     I'm always trying to bring those blue scraps under control and when I saw a quilt by Blue Elephant Stitches, I was inspired to try again.  I really liked how the blue and green in Jolene's quilt went so well together.  It was a refreshing change from all blue. 






     For the back, I used an odd piece of minky.  It wasn't quite big enough, so I added the patchwork.  I'm not sure I'll do that again because the minky was difficult to work with.  It was just too stretchy and kept curling up at the edges.  But, it does look and feel good once it's nailed down. 




    
     There was a tiny bit of the minky left over and I used it for the back of the matching pillow.  The quilt was finished off with a two color binding in, what else but, blue and green.  








Quilt Stats

Name:  Blues & Greens
Size:  41" x 34"
Front pieces:  86
Back pieces:  44
Batting:  mid-loft poly
Pillow:  9 1/2" x 13"
Finished:  April 2018


Comments

Unknown said…
I LOVE THE QUILT LADEY

Popular Posts