Welcome To The Bumpy Lane



Hi there!




I hope you're having a good day.  Welcome to my blog.  It's a new beginning and I'm kind of excited about it.  I have no idea where it will take us, but I hope you'll come back often to see what's new.  I'm just gonna' jump in and we'll get to know each other along the way.  Sound good?

My family and I live on a very bumpy, dirt road.





It's really hard to keep the car clean when it looks like that.  It's not very wide and you have to pull over if someone is coming from the opposite direction.  Driving down our lane sometimes feels like we're going back in time -- all we need are the horses and a covered wagon.  Thus the name, The Bumpy Lane.

I have always loved making things.  As a little girl, I used to follow my grandfather around; so much so that he called me his "shadow."  He was retired when I came along and he had a hobby working with wood.  He made hand carved boxes from a solid chunk of wood.




I would hang around my grandfather in his workshop and he would often give me a little project of my own, presumably to keep me out of his way when he was working.  But I loved that time with my grandfather and I enjoyed just being creative.  I've always had a yearning to make things, but it wasn't until I had children, and was tied down at home, that I really began to put my creativity to work.





And having a hobby has been a blessing.  In raising our family, I've come to realize that daily life is full of unfinished chores.  Here at home, there are always dishes to wash and an ever growing mountain of laundry.  At work, its other things, but it just seems that nothing ever is completed.  And I guess I find that frustrating.  But, when I finish a quilt, it stays that way, and I get to enjoy the results of my work every time I see it.  I wish it could be that way with the kitchen.





So, this is where I plan to put my quilts and other projects as I complete them.





That way, when they go off to a new home they won't be forgotten.





It'll be nice to go back and revisit past projects.





The quilts you see in this post are some I've made.  I'll tell you more about them later on.





Right now, I'm gonna' get back to work so I'll have something to show you next time.
See ya' soon!

Comments

Popular Posts