Party Frogs

     I sometimes look back and find it hard to believe how things have changed.  Not so long ago, I was bogged down in the day-to-day wrangling of four children and managing our household.  In the past few years, however, it has changed from kids running around making constant noise to them learning how to drive off to go do their own things.  We have one kiddo left to raise and it's getting a little quieter around the house, but no less busy. 

     Last summer, we were planning our daughter's graduation party and she informed me that she wanted a frog-cowboy theme.  

    Me:  "Frogs?  Cowboys?  What in the . . ."

    Her, pushing her phone up to my face:  "Like this!"  

   
    Me:  "Oh, that's cute!"

     I had no idea, at the time, that Western style parties were such a big thing, but everyone we invited seemed excited about it.  And I was shocked to learn that some folks were closet cowboys.  They already had the flannel shirts, Western style boots & cowboy hats in their closets just waiting for such an occasion.  Anyway, I used her picture for inspiration and went in search of a simple pattern that would allow me to make a couple dozen frogs in a short time.  

     I found numerous patterns on Pinterest -- and wanted to try them all -- but narrowed it down to two.  This one is as cute as the dickens and easy to make.  But turning those skinny arms & legs right side out was tedious and took too long.  Plus, his attitude wasn't the greatest.  While my daughter and I were having fun, he seemed rather unamused.  






 And so I moved on to the next pattern.












     These frogs were easier to make and the hardest part, which wasn't really hard at all, was filling the frogs with beans.  But the girls and I did it together while watching a movie one evening.  They filled them up, I sewed them shut.  The finished frogs were squishy and fun to play with.  On the day of the party, we peppered them all over the venue and our girl handed them out to her guests.   

     We were so busy setting things up and making sure everyone was having fun that we barely got any photos of the party. 😞  I guess we should have hired a photographer, huh?  What a bummer.  But that's okay, the frogs were a hit!

    Really!  



Comments

Popular Posts