Scrappy Triangles









     When I look back at the scraps in a quilt like this, it's like playing with a kaleidoscope.  I get to see the same colors and patterns that I've used in previous quilts, yet the scraps are never used in quite the same way again.

     I modeled this quilt off of one by Freshly Pieced.  It had such a nice combination of colors that I tried to keep a similar color scheme, but of course, every quilt turns out to be different.  The pattern for the triangle block was found at Film in the Fridge.  It was a really nice tutorial and easy to follow.

     I did straight line quilting across the body of the quilt using a rainbow of threads in red, orange, yellow, green and blue.




     And a scrappy binding in shades of green.




     When I began making the triangle blocks for this quilt, I wondered what it would look like to do the triangles crazy-quilt style.  I made some test blocks and decided to stick with the original pattern.  But, I hate to waste perfectly good patchwork, so I made a few more blocks and put them on the back with the blue, floral batik.  I really like how it turned out.










Quilt Stats

Name:  Scrappy Triangles
Size:  60" x 70 1/2"
Top pieces:  478
Back pieces:  128
Batting:  Mid-loft poly
Finished:  2019


Comments

Popular Posts